Saturday, June 30, 2012

Another Finish for WIP 2012

I didn't realise that I hadn't blogged this one.
Lots of my favourite Amy Butler prints with some off white quilter's muslin. Obviously a very simple quilt but sometimes it's more about the fabric than anything else.
I quilted straight(ish) lines between the blocks and then practiced my stipple quilting in the blocks. It's the first time that I have free-motion quilted on a big quilt and I was surprised I didn't find it harder, which is great because it's encouraged me to do more.

But.... I don't seem to have a pic of the finished quilt and I took it up to The Retreat yesterday. It's the last day of June and therefore the last day to get another entry into the 12 WIP in 2012.
I hope they'll believe I've finished it, especially since I actually completed the binding on the 2nd of June. 
I should have blogged it then!!

It seems I'm dobbing myself in for the actual amount of WIP's I have.
I've already finished off a few that weren't even on my original list for the year.
This is another one of those....
It's a challenge one that I did with my aunts and supposed to represent the four seasons.
I did some stipple and some meandering for quilting as I needed it to be a quick finish. I machined the binding on this afternoon during Harvey's nap and it folded and ready to go to the retreat. 
Pretty floral backing
I got this back from Kerry, the long-arm quilter (Black Forest Quilting, Macedon) and she has done an amazing job. It's destined to be a wall hanging in the studio at The Retreat.
Only a sneak peek for now, you should come and see it.... 

Remember The Retreat OPEN HOUSE is on Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th of July.
Contact me for address details.
Abbe x 


4 comments:

  1. love the amy butler prints. I'm sure it all looks wonderful in your new retreat! Sorry i won't be able to make your opening maybe a bit far to travel from nz to get there in time. I bet you and everyone will have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting those WIP done! None for me this month - I am quilting the biggest quilt I have ever done on my machine and it is not going well :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It counts Abbe! I believe you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I just found your blog. I hope to visit again. I wish I lived nearby so I could go to your retreat house! It looks great.
    I live in Louisiana near New Orleans so the commute would be a little lengthy! LOL
    I need to finish some WIP and get those on my blog.....
    hugs
    beebee

    ReplyDelete