Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sometimes I feel guilty

....and sometimes I don't. I am totally obsessed with patchwork. I think about fabric, sewing, blogs and pretty much anything even remotely relevant to craft...all the time. I get annoyed at my 'real' job because it's wasting my sewing hours. Yep, I'm addicted. I've realised that not everyone that has a hobby that they are quite so enveloped by. Weirdos :o)

Who knew my first little baby quilt would lead to life changing events? My aunt Pam invited me to her sewing group (with the other aunts) over eight years ago and in the note she sent, she warned me, 'Careful, it's addictive!' If only I'd listened.... I've recently made a big purchase and have a lot of organising to do over the next year but the plan is to eventually have a new, very patchy 'real' job and use the current one to pay for the fabric stash! A girls gotta dream.

No sewing for a few days because of the real job and no camera cord to add any photos of my recent fun and games. Mr CP came with me to AQC. Yes, that's right, it says he CAME WITH ME! And it was voluntary. He's very interested in the process of quilt making although I have explained that he can't make a quilt until he grows some facial hair - I've noticed a lot of man-quilters tend to have some sort of odd facial growth. We rounded out our day with a trip to the movies (saw 'Beneath HIll 60' -an Aussie war movie that I can recommend. Not too gory and a story well told) and the out for dinner at a funky little restaurant on Hardware Lane in Melbourne.

Back to reading blogs, thinking about sewing, considering my stash and pondering other fabric that I want need to make my life complete.

It seems all Annabell needs is a cardboard box to make her life complete.
                                                                           Abbe x

15 comments:

  1. haha, I've noticed the facial hair thing too. Do your co-workers know about your double life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I totally get that real life getting in the way of crafting stuff. Love that your man accompanied you to the show too. Have fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't waste any energy feeling guilty - no need. Quilting makes you happy - enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mr CP!
    I think any type of craft is a fabulous hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that Mr CP is interested. Your new purchase sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice you have a passion that makes you that happy. Creating is definitely addictive- it's just so much more satisfying than buying something you had nothing to do with. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about feeling guilty , work gets in the way of sewing , family , blogging , everything , damn work !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand the addiction! I'm going back to work (after 6 months off!) on thursday, and it's going to be hard to leave my sewing machine. Think anyone would notice if I show up at a construction site with a sewing machine instead of a lunch bag?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, it all sounds healthy to me!! Hope you're coming along to craft night next Monday, see you there xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally with you on the "annoyed at my real job" thing :) So much to do at home that is way more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh to be a cat and just sit in a box.You would not be worried about not having enough time to sew. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. We crafters are an odd bunch but you gotta love us. We make such lovely 'stuff'.
    I'm excited to hear that you're thinking about crafting more full time.
    Imagine all the heavenly 'stuff' you'll produce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally get the whole day job getting in the way but it is good planning time. Congrats on the 'big purchase' sounds exciting.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abbe, you sound completely normal to me *grin*
    Yep the real job, feeds the sewing addiction and all it's 'needs'.
    Enjoy!!
    Sounds like a good time at the show... and a cute kitty... my kitty only needs a box too...she loves 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pah! Guilt is such a wasted emotion. Best to just cut to the addicted chase (and drag your Mr along with you) I say!

    ReplyDelete