Friday, December 11, 2009

Basted!

I have basted the Commish - I used 505 Basting Spray which I like as you can see where it lands and get a more even spread. I've spray basted nearly all of the quilts I've ever made and never had a problem with discolouration or anything. I figure being a baby quilt this one will be used and abused and washed over and over which will eliminate any left over glue stuff.


I have also used bamboo batting for the first time. I bought it at the Drapers of Mt Macedon (which is actually in Gisborne, Victoria) which is a shop that I hadn't been to before. They have lots of fabric, patterns etc. I'll definitely go back again. The batting seems very soft and it will be interesting to see how it quilts and then how it 'wears'. I don't know the brand as it was last off-cut from the roll.


I hope everyones Christmas preparations are going well,

Abbe :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment