Friday, November 27, 2009

Puffolk Suffs!

I mentioned in my last post that Julie had the great idea of bloggers going to the Makers Market in Daylesford would wear pink Suffolk Puffs so we could ID each other without having to wander around staring at people, trying to work out if they looked like the one inch profile photo we'd seen....
Anyway this is my creation -


Not perfect but they will do, hence calling them Puffolk Suffs. I have stitched them together at the back and attached them to a safety pin. I do have little brooch pins floating around somewhere but....who the heck knows where.

I had never actually made Suffolk Puffs before so it was a bit of trial and error knowing how much to trim off before stitching etc but they are ok. At the AQM I saw that you can buy a butterfly shape. I can't imagine how they'd turn out, I thought getting the heart shape was tricky enough but maybe that was just me.

Anyway, hope to see some of you bloggy ladies at the market.
If you see a brunette wandering around, staring at peoples chest area...it's just me trying to see if it is you :)

Abbe

6 comments:

  1. LOL...well my yo yo will be red and I will be the one doing more talking than selling - it always happens !!!
    See you then !
    I love the heart ones....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really pretty. I have brooch pins somewhere too, ended up going with the safety pin too, couldn't find them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look ace! I'm off to ask Mr Google if he knows anything about these puffs and how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't bring anything with me to my sisters house in Clunes to make suffolk puffs, but I'll be wearing a pink flower brooch instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heart suffolk puffs. Hope you meet up with lots of bloggers at the markets. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful. I did have a slightly different picture in mind when you told me you were making three.

    Have a brilliant time, and I will look forward to a VERY detailed report, with loads of pictures, afterwards

    ReplyDelete