Saturday, August 15, 2009

Almost there! Almost.

I haven't quite finished the 'I Spy' but the quilting is done. All that is left is the binding and the label. Due to work commitments I can't make the party tomorrow so I guess that gives me an extension anyway.
I had a craving to make a bag last week - I know, I know, why would one succumb considering the current deadline but sometimes the creative urge has to be satisfied. Just like my cravings for chocolate! As punishment I won't blog it til I've completed the I Spy.
I thought I'd include a pic of one of the challenge quilts I mentioned. This is the one from last year. We started by each choosing a 10.5inch block of fabric and then it passed between the other three 'members' (my aunts) and they added particular blocks as it went along. Pam makes the rules for each step which sometimes stretches our imagination and ability but it has been a great way to learn. I love that I ended up with a blue quilt. There are lots of really nice/modern oriental prints that all tie in really well and a good mixture of blocks including log cabin and square in a square.
I haven't finished it yet. I think I'll add a border of one of the darker blues. Just another top that needs to be finished off...one day. 2009 has been the year of finishing off so it may get done.
Happy stitching and frolicking in the sunshine.
Abbe



No comments:

Post a Comment